Friday, March 4

Ghen ghen! Adam Johnson removed from Football Manager and Pro Evolution soccer games

The former Sunderland winger, Adam Johnson was found guilty of sexual activity with a schoolgirl at Bradford Crown Court earlier this week. It's been confirmed, the disgraced footballer will be deleted from video games Football Manager and Pro Evolution Soccer, UK Mirror reports.

Both Sega and Konami, who make the games respectively, have confirmed that the former Sunderland winger, who was found guilty of sexual activity with a 15-year-old schoolgirl at Bradford Crown Court earlier this week, has been axed. (Eez not a joking sturvs)


A Konami representative told Digital Spy: "​He will be removed in the March update. In online modes, he will be removed next week."

Sega have confirmed that Johnson has already been deleted from Football Manager 2016.
The news comes after EA Games said the player could not be deleted from FIFA 16 due to 'technical issues'.

A spokesman told The Sun: "We released a team update last month to remove Adam Johnson however due to technical issues it is not possible to delete him from everyone's version."

EA Sports have released an official response on the matter, saying that Johnson will no longer appear in active rosters for both Sunderland and England, and that work is still going on to try and delete him from other modes.

“Adam Johnson has been removed from the Active Rosters of both Sunderland and England in FIFA 16," they said. "We’re working to remove him from other modes within the game as soon as possible.”

The disgraced England star has lost around £10m in earnings after being sacked by Sunderland as he faces a 'substantial custodial sentence'.

No comments:

Post a Comment